Capabilities / Powder Metals
Powder metal technology produces parts to net or near net shape, reducing cost, time, machining operations, and material waste. Carl Associates offers a wide range of powder metal production services with manufacturing capabilities from miniature to 500 grams per part and in quantities from prototype lots to high volume runs.
Multi-level compacting presses from 4 to 110 tons can produce close tolerance parts with complex multi-level shapes.
Coining presses from 1 to 50 tons increase part density and reduce dimensional variation.
Powder Metals Experience
- >Ferrous Powder Metals-Straight Iron and Many Steel Alloys to 7.4 g/cc
- >Copper Infiltrated Steels and Soft Magnetic Steels to 7.5g/cc
- >300 and 400 Series Stainless Steel Powder Metals to 7.4g/cc
- >Non-Ferrous Powder Metals-Brass, Bronze, Nickel Silver to 8.3g/cc
- >Heavy Hybrids to Density of 13.4g/cc
- >Heat Treatment
- >Stream Oxidizing
- >Copper Infiltration
- >Machining, Milling, Turning, Broaching, Drilling, Tapping
- >Plating, Coating
- >Vibratory Finishing
- >Oil Impregnation
- >Resin Impregnation
- >Component Assembly
- >Vacuum Sintering